Sectors of excellence and higher education
> Nancy has four high-potential industries :
- Health and life sciences, including a regional university hospital (CHRU de Nancy).
- Computing, the digital and creative economy
- Eco-construction: Materials of the future and Energy efficiency
- Banking and finance
Federate, accompany, enhance the digital actors in Lorraine.
Label French Tech / LORnTECH
> And three clusters highly specialized and internationally recognized :
- FIBRE: innovation network of eco-materials.
- HYDREOS: sustainable water management.
- MATERALIA: collaborative innovation in materials and processes.
The paddock: Acceleration space launch pad for startups by surrounding experts, finance professionals, investors or experienced entrepreneurs.
UNIVERSITY OF LORRAINE
The University of Lorraine, a comprehensive university, technological and entrepreneurial, composed of 11 engineering schools.
Booklet and University magazines
Ranked in the Top 300 World Universities Shanghai ranking, it is labeled Campus of Excellence.
There are more than 400 courses, 17,000 diplomas, 52,000 students and 3800 teachers-researchers working in 61 laboratories!
All major research institutes and higher education institutions (CNRS, INSERM, INRA, INRS, INRIA) are represented.
JEAN LAMOUR INSTITUTE
The Jean Lamour Institute is a Science Research Laboratory Materials: metal, plasma, surface, electronics, and nanomaterials.
This is a joint research unit (7198) of the University of Lorraine and CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research).
The alliance of three Major Schools: National School of Art and Design Nancy, Nancy ICN Business School and Mines.
- Excellence campus of 85,000 m2 with 3,500 students, 300 teachers and researchers, 150 technical and administrative staff.
- Over 20 workshops Artem representing 3000 hours per year.
- 650 future engineers, designers and managers participating every Friday to Artem workshops
- 42 companies gathered within Artem Companies
- 5000: the total number of students who have tasted Artem workshops since their creation.
SCIENCES PO – NANCY CAMPUS
Created in 2000, the Franco-German European campus of Sciences Po offers fundamental and multidisciplinary studies in social sciences. It now has 350 students, who are mostly from France and German-speaking countries, but also elsewhere: in all, 28 nationalities are represented.